This Agreement was last modified on 04 July 2021.
Herein, the ‘BUYER’, the ‘CUSTOMER’ and the words ‘YOU’ or ‘YOUR’ have the same meaning in context and refer to the same person.
- It is hereby informed that “www.lumitek.co.ke or its parent concern LUMITEK” is only a marketing and distribution company.
- Goods once sold will not be taken back or exchanged. Once an invoice is made, it cannot be modified or canceled for any reason thereof.
- We have tested every product for physical damage at the point of the sale especially before delivery to the customer and we are not liable for the physical damage of the item anymore. It is also the duty of the buyer to immediately check the physical condition of the purchased goods at the counter or upon receiving the goods.In the case of deliveries, a signed delivery note indicates that you have verified and approved your purchased goods and that you have received them well. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to your purchased goods once delivery notes have been signed or once they have been received by the customer over the counter.
- Our responsibility ceases the moment once goods leave our sales counter or our warehouse.
- We process proper VAT against all products sold, we do not sell any product without VAT. If you want to take input of VAT against your company’s Tax PIN on the invoice, then kindly mention the same in the comment box which you will find while ordering.If your company’s Tax PIN is not provided at the time of order during checkout, then we assume that the buyer is unregistered and the invoice will be flagged as a basic receipt. If the wrong company’s Tax PIN numbers are submitted by you, we are not responsible for the implications regarding your attempts in filing VAT returns against your company’s Tax PIN.
You will need to provide the correct Tax PIN numbers of your company so that the invoice won’t be flagged as a basic receipt during the filing of VAT returns. Herein, the company Tax PIN requirement applies to buyers who submit their company name as part of the billing details.
- If the order is canceled by the buyer, then both sides delivery charges (if the product is already delivered) and the convenience fee (if applicable) will be deducted from the ordered amount paid. If the buyer opts for a refund, it will be initiated once we receive the product in the same condition as we have delivered.
- Any product purchased from us for any special usage in an abnormal environment, i.e. other than normal usage indicated for the item, should be informed to us at the time of purchase or before purchase, otherwise, the warranty will be null and void. In addition, it is best for the buyer to reach out to us and acquire assistance in choosing the right item for their intended use. Keep in mind that there are some items that are waterproof for example IP65 ratings and others are not, i.e. IP20 rating.
- Materials sold, i.e. chandeliers, bollards, and pendants, etc., are mostly components of a complete lighting solution and do not necessarily form the setup in full. Goods of this nature are only in the form of components or sub-assemblies unless it is specified that additional items like bulbs, dimmers, switches, and poles, are included.
- No customer can be granted a waiver from responsibility on grounds of ignorance of these Terms and Conditions and the same on our Shipping and Delivery Policy.
- Warranty will be null and void if any physical damage, mishandling of products, tampering of warranty stickers, are subjected to the purchased goods. For installation assistance by our highly qualified electricians and engineers, please call +254762790321 or +254762790319 to inquire before or during the purchase of any item.
- For “Dead on Arrival” products, the buyer needs to make sure that all the parts and accessories of the product are there in the box that came with it, or as it was delivered. Failure will result in a non-acceptance of the DOA case and will be treated as RMA (the shipping and delivery charges to and from the service center have to be bored by the customer only and the convenience fee if applicable will also be deducted from the ordered amount paid).
- LUMITEK reserves the right to cancel any orders related to price or stock adjustments and also reserves the right to adjust prices without prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions, including our Shipping and Delivery Policy, are actionable to the full extent governed by The Laws of Kenya.
- All products sold by us carry only a “carry-in warranty”. Shipping and delivery charges to and from the service center have to be bored by the customer only.
- Where the words “Direct Warranty” or “Manufacturer Warranty” are mentioned, it means the warranty is direct from the Manufacturer.
- Products with broken/burnt pins, pen/pencil markings, scuff marks, cracks, missing/tampered components, or damaged warranty stickers, will be rejected and considered void of warranty in the above conditions.
- The warranty clause stands void for damage caused due to mishandling of equipment for any reason that resulted in the damage of the products like lack of knowledge, improper handling, electricity problems, etc. This is on the basis that under the normal conditions there would have been no damage to the product.
- Goods once sold will be accepted for warranty repair/replacement, only if they are in good physical condition and in respect to the above warranty clauses (1 to 5) are honored.
- Warranty is against manufacturing defects only, and as per the manufacturer’s warranty policy. In case the manufacturer has a local service center then, for warranty, the customer has to approach the service center directly with the purchase details.
- Products under warranty will either be repaired or replaced as per manufacturer warranty policy.
- We request the customer to send a copy of our invoice and delivery note for warranty purposes always when there is a service problem for products. Shipping and delivery charges are bored by the customer for the same.
- We reserve the right to reject materials received for warranty without its supplied accessories, manuals, software CDs / DVDs (if any), and its original packaging box.
Any service litigations or problems have to address directly to manufacturers address only. We are not responsible for any litigation thereof. Warranty service will also be considered only where the full payment is made on the due date.
In agreement to the above Terms and Conditions, you also automatically agree to the Shipping and Delivery Policy shared via this link, and also it is assumed that you understand and agree that your personal information provided to us in connection with our services is subject to our Disclaimer, Privacy, and Cookies Policy.